Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fuel for the Fire

This morning, I woke up early, and I cut some wood for our fireplace!

It might sound mundane to you, but it was an adventure for me. I "found" some wooden pallets a while back, and I put them aside, thinking I might put them to use. Yesterday I bought a hand saw, and borrowed gloves and a hammer.

7 am, sun just peaking over the edge, I wrapped myself up in a few layers and I stepped out into the cold, hoping I didn't look as ridiculous as I felt. I had no clue what I was doing. I walked up to the pallet and just looked at it for a min, saw in one hand, hammer in the other.

Two hours later, I had demolished half a pallet and a smile on my face. Arms sore, I went to take a shower.

I think I'll be up early again tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. Keep adding fuel to the fire, make life interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must ask...
    did you do it again the next morning?

    ReplyDelete