Friday, January 9, 2009

Family Party

So as I'm writing this, the loads of Indian aunties and uncles are sitting downstairs in the living room singing and laughing, having a good time :)

It makes me happy to see them all enjoying themselves, and knowing that the fun really doesn't end even though you have to worry about a career and paying the bills.

While they are all down there, I'm sitting upstairs in my sister's room with Neety, Prateek, and my sister. These of my ilk, and we talk about what its like to be Indian kids growing up in the US. We sit here and discuss how the future will be like, how our parties will be similar or diffrent to ones like this one. This is always my favorite part about these get togethers because Saleena and Neety understand what its like trying to bring your parents to accept new ideas.

Side note: Back to 501 tomrrow! I miss that place like you miss your pillow during a longggg day, I feel like I can't truly rest anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment